It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:37 am

Forum rules

Please do not post your own mixes here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
 Mixgeselle - Weekend Warm Up Show 
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 78 20th/21st Of February
Hi again,

Kardinal Offishall delivers the retro track this week?! Well not really, you might know Keri Hilson's part of the song. Blondie had a big hit in 1980 with 'The Tide Is High'. The Moto Blanco mix has the usual good time dance music quality!

My favourite this week comes from Iglu & Hartly, an American Hip-Hop/New Wave band from California.Their single "In This City" was released in September 2008 and was identified as "an anthem in the making" by an NME blogger. The band played this song on an episode of Friday Night With Jonathan Ross on BBC1 in the UK, and it has since rose to number five in the UK Charts, securing the band their first hit. The Manhattan Clique mix (they also worked for Erasure, Kylie Minogue, Moby) is perfect for the commercial dancefloor.

The Digital Dogs remix of Taylor Swift's 'Love Story', a new take by the Soul Avengerz of the Joey Negro classic 'Make A Move On Me' and their own awesome new release 'Heard It All Before' (LOVE the funky Laurent Schark remix!) - there is much more to enjoy!

Please join me for another great Weekend Warm Up this weekend!

The Tracklist
1.YUG - I Need Your Love (Original Mix)
2. Ladyhawke - Paris Is Burning (Simmons & Christopher Mix)
3. De'Lacy Ft. Marco Gee - Bodyswerve (Soulshaker Club Mix)

DJ's Favourite This Week
4. Iglu & Hartly - In This City (Manhattan Clique Club Mix)

The Retro Track
5. Kardinal Offishall Ft. Keri Hilson - Numba 1 (Tide Is High) (Moto Blanco Club Mix)

6. Jody Wisternoff - Starstrings (Tocadisco Mix)
7. Lasgo - Out Of My Mind (Buzz Junkies Remix)
8. Joey Negro - Make A Move On Me (Soul Avengerz Mix)
9. South Rulerz - Unbelievable (Original Club Mix)
10. Cassey - Sweet Honey (Original Extended Mix)
11. Maroon 5 - Not Falling Apart (Tiesto Remix)
12. Taylor Swift - Love Story (Digital Dog Club Mix)
13. Soul Avengerz Feat. Krysten Cummings - Heard It All Before (Laurent Schark Mix)

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:34 pm
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 79 27th/28th Of February
Hey Weekenders,

We are starting the party this week with the Comic Relief single by The Saturdays, their remake of Depeche Mode's synth-pop classic 'Just Can't Get Enough' (remix by the Wideboys) is my retro track this week and is uplifting enough to become the perfect show opener. Good time dance music!

The feel good hit of the summer is here to kick start 2009 - Carlo Dall'anese & Fabio Castros's 'Monday'!. Oxyd Records goes for international stardom for Carlo and Fabio with the help of a monster remix from Henry John Morgan. What better way to accompany such a big vocal track than with the heavenly Ibiza drenched piano sounds from HJM, sure to make a big impact in Ibiza and currently getting hammered all over Radio 1. 10/10, my favourite this week!

I am sure that you missed her here at the Weekend Warm Up as much as I did... But finally Amanda Wilson is back with a brand new track released on Airplane, the Masstaff Remix of 'Spin It Again' has exactly everything a track needs to become part of the Weekend Warm Up Show! Highly recommended...

The last track of the show has written 'Weekend Warm Up' all over it - 'I Can Stop The Rain' by singer / songwriter Carol Hahn is her 3rd release on her own label Beagle Boy Music since her comeback in 2008. She already had several charting dance records in the 80's ('Into the Night', 'Do Your Best', 'Your Love is all I Need') and it is great to have her back - excellent vocals, lot's of energy, perfection! Lenny B's take is my favourite, classic disco meets todays hot club sound - great job, another 10/10!

Have a perfect party weekend!

The Tracklist

The Retro Track
1. The Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough (Wideboys Remix)

2. DJ Antoine - Underneath (Original Mix)
3. ATFC Feat. Yasmeen - Tell U Y (Chris Lake Remix)
4. Lady Gaga - Poker Face (Joey Den Broeder Remix)
5. Pyro & GTE Ft. Canela V - Why Do I (Hi-Volume Final Club Mix)

DJ's Favourite This Week
6. Carlo Dall'anese & Fabio Castro - Monday (Henry John Morgan Remix)

7. Kinky Roland Ft. Andrea Britton - Something In Your Way (Damian S Remix)
8. DCA Project - Sandcastles (ATFC Javea Playa Re-Work)
9. Amanda Wilson - Spin It Again (Masstaff Remix)
10. Cascada - Perfect Day (Digital Dog Remix)
11. Black Shadow - Good 2 You (Skulls Mix)
12. Carol Hahn - I Can Stop The Rain (Lenny B Classic House Slam Club Mix)

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 pm
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 80 6th/7th Of March
Hello again,

I am so looking forward to see this show on air this weekend - a dozen of great house tracks are waiting for you and they are doing great in the mix!

We all know the voice of Alexandra Prince from her 2005 smash hit 'So Many Times' together with Gadjo which she has also co-written. She is back now together with Natsuyo, a former model and DJ from Tokyo. 'Rise Over' is nothing less than perfect uplifting good time dance music!

Two tracks of this show are coming from the latest Fierce Angels release 'A Little Fierce III'. Besides of Gianluca Motta's 'Not Alone' we will have the latest work of the man with the incredible voice Peyton and house legend Eric Kupper called 'Sensitivity'. Enjoy these songs and check the whole release, highly recommended!

'Method Of Modern Love', the new single from the London-based pop trio Saint Etienne is an upbeat dance tune with a brilliantly catchy hook. Producer Richard X - who also made the remix I am spinning - managed to bring retro-pop up to date. Beautiful song, my track of the week!

The Tracklist:
1. Leah Renee - Imaginary Boyfriend (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Minimal Club Mix)
2. Natsuyo Feat. Alexandra Prince - Rise Over (Prog5 Big Room Remix)
3. Gianluca Motta Feat. Molly - Not Alone (Vandalism Mix)
4. Peyton - Sensitivity (EK's Angelic Club Mix)

DJ's Favourite This Week
5. Saint Etienne - Method Of Modern Love (Richard X Join Our Clique Mix)

6. Joy N Pain Feat. KBJ - My Love (Steve Haines Remix)
7. DJ Pascali - Heaven (Distorted Vocal Version)
8. DJ Wope - Feel My Song (DJ John Garcia Remix)
9. Jussi Polet - Better That You Never Know (Sami S Remix)
10. SASH! - Stay (Fonzerelli Re-Work)

The Retro Track
11. Discosafari - Just Keep It (Original Mix)

12. Cahill Ft. Nikki Belle - Sex Shooter (Rossko Extended Mix)

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:14 am
Staff

Post Show Feedback from Mixgeselle
A feedback from a U.K. listener for the last show:

"Lovin the show - the cascada track is cool, and LOVE the new amanda wilson tune!! hope to hear more of that. keep it up :)"

A listener from N.Y. wrote:

"First, I have to say - Mixgesella - THE best music mixes on the net! The best dj on the net! Love your work - listen every week. You have quite the following here in New York - I'm turning all my friends on to your show."

This is feedback I got on mixupload.com:

"I LOVE your show! You are amazing! I listen whenever I can. Unfortunately it's at 10AM for me (in California) and I rarely get a chance of having an uninturruped hour. I'm downloading a bunch right now because I'm jumping on a plane from Chicago and want something to listen to. Keep up the great work!"
... "I don't know how you do what you do. It's inspiring. My local dance station (only one in california that I know of) is Energy 92.7 (san francisco). It play tired, crappy pop mixes too many times in a row, I'm going to send them a note to look you up right now."

Always happy to read about what people think. Please let me know if you get some comments, good or bad. Might help to improve the show - AND it feels great...

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:21 am
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 81 13th/14th Of March
Hello Party People,

A couple of exclusives and promos are waiting for you, listen to the big tracks of tomorrow here this weekend!

The first one of the brand new and unreleased tracks called 'Truly' is coming from Keith Thompson & Maria Ilieva. The song has been produced by Georgi Yanev & Keith Thompson and I am loving the perfect uplifting remix by the Bassmonkeys! Official release will be at the end of March on Thompsonic Records. Highly recommended!

We all remember his last huge hit 'Rise Up' - Yves Larock is back and teamed up with Steve Edwards ('World Hold On') to create a massive new hit for the summer! I am sure that we will 'Listen To The Voice Inside' soon everywhwere... Out on d:vision records soon.

Sophia May delievered the vocals for the Bellatrax' biggie 'I Can't Help Myself'. Her latest original release 'Another Day' is out now on Nervous Records, nicely produced by Tim Janssens aka Sunfreakz!

The DJ's favourite this week is another exclusive coming from the Bassmonkeys. 'In The Moment' is a Bassmonkeys original with Abigail Bailey on vocals and has been written by her and Tom Kent. The track was originally made about 3 years ago, however they have updated the song for 2009 and I love the result! Infectious hook, perfect vocals, 10/10! Song is unsigned so far - unbelievable...

As always - enjoy the weekend!

The Tracklist
1. Dana Rayne - Make It On My Own (Fonzerelli Remix)
2. Keith Thompson & Maria Ilieva - Truly (Bassmonkeys Club Mix) Exclusive!

The Retro Track
3. Vega Baby Ft. Georgie Brown - Here Comes The Rain Again (Extended Vocal Mix)

4. Kinky Roland Ft. Andrea Britton - Something In Your Way (DJ Lucci Remix)
5. The Auckland Authority - The Music 2009 (Jolyon Petch Vs. General Lee Remix)
6. Female Deejays Ft. Azin - Memories (Teo Moss & Fredelux Mix)
7. St. James - Can't Be Without You (Extended Mix)
8. Hi Tack - I Don't Mind (Hardwell & Rehab Remix)
9. Yves Larock & Steve Edwards - Listen To The Voice Inside (Rivaz Extended Remix)
10. The Killers - Spaceman (Bimbo Jones Vocal Mix)
11. Sophia May - Another Day (Club Mix)
12. CaDu - Don't Stop (Reflex Mix)
13. Gambafreaks - Down Down Down '99 (Class A Vocal Mix)

DJ's Favourite This Week
14. Bassmonkeys Ft. Abigail Bailey - In The Moment (Club Mix) Exclusive!

15. Liz Kay - You're Not Alone 2009 (Original Mix)

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 am
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 82 20th/21st March
Hi Weekenders,

Party time!!! If you do like disco house then you are in the right place! A couple of disco remakes are in the show like 'Got To Be Real', which is one of the best disco tracks ever by Cheryl Lynn, released in 1978. Vocals this time by the always gorgeous Shena, the quality remix is coming from the Soulshaker guys - as well as for the Colonel Abraham's remake of 'Trapped' which is also part of the party. Vocals by Mister Peyton, who is also on vocals on the new version of 'Love Is The Answer' by the Funk Fanatics, the brainchild of former Architechs member Ashlee Akabah. The Song uses a simple inspirational message "knock on every door, tell them love is the answer" from an old Motown hit called 'The Onion Song' by Marvin Gaye.

My favourite this week is coming from Warren Clarke. Guess who is on vocals here? Right, Shena again! :-) 'Bitch Is Back' is as uplifting as DeSouza's smash hit 'Guilty' is. Excellent!

Exclusive for The Weekend Warm Up I got a wicked booty made by the German DJ's Sosua & Mad, they mashed a remake of 'Under Pressure' by The Stockholm Syndrome with the Freemason hit 'Rain Down Love'. The result is awesome and will definatly warm up your weekend!

Enjoy the party!

The Tracklist:
1. Groovesplitters Ft. Shena - Got To Be Real (Soulshaker Club Mix)
2. Youclub - Non Stop Dance (Original Mix)

The Retro Track:
3. Michael Mind Ft. The Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light (2009 Remode Mix)
4. Pagano, Wayne G & Peyton - Trapped (Soulshaker Club Mix)
5. Enrique Iglesias Ft. Ciara - Taking Back My Love (Moto Blanco Club Mix)
6. Tysaun Alexanderic - Your Love (Original Mix)

DJ's Favourite This Week:
7. Warren Clarke - Bitch Is Back (Vocal Mix)
8. Velvet - Chemistry (Digital Dog Club Mix)

Weekend Warm Up Exclusive!
9. Stockholm Syndrome Ft. Freemasons - Pressure Rain Down Love (Sosua & Mad Booty Mix)
10. The Usual Suspects - Shadown (Original Mix)
11. Deborah Cox - Beautiful U R (Soul Seekerz Club Mix)
12. Funk Fanatics Ft. Peyton - Love Is The Answer (Freemasons Remix)
13. Ultra Flirt - The Time Is Now 2009 (Original House Mix)

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:20 pm
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 83 27th/28th March
Hi again,

Welcome to another HOT weekend - even if it is still cold outside where you live - with the best new tunes to start your party!

The first song has the right happy feeling to become a perfect show opener - Basic Element released their first records during the mid 1990's and returned in 2005 with a new album. From their latest album 'The Truth' they released an uplifting single called 'Touch You Right Now'.

The 17th release of Mark Doyle's Fierce Angel label called 'Fierce Disco III' contains several songs we have already heard at the Weekend Warm Up but also a new Bassmonkeys original: 'Purple Haze' with Amber Jolene on vocals has everything a good vocal house song needs. Release date for the album is the 30th of March!

I added a couple of remakes to the show again like the Hue And Cry remake of 'Labour Of Love' by Nate James, from the Discogalaxy WMC 2009 sampler we will listen to a Kool & The Gang remake of a track with the funny name 'Hi Di Hi, Hi De Ho' produced by JR Disco, 'Breathe' by Fabio Rockenbeck was one of the biggest hits Midge Ure (Ultravox) had and d:vision records released a new version of Chaka Khan's 'Ain't Nobody' by Kay Stoxx Ft. Mary Geras.

My favourite this week is coming from Edinburgh/Scotland, the Studiopunks teamed up with Soraya Vivan and the result is a perfect vocal house song called 'Believe'. 10/10!

The Tracklist:
1. Basic Element - Touch You Right Now (Extended Mix)
2. Yves Larock & Steve Edwards - Listen To The Voice Inside (Rivaz Extended Remix)
3. Henry John Morgan - Cherokee Go With It (Shave Remix)
4. Bassmonkeys Ft. Amber Jolene - Purple Haze (Original Mix)
5. L1R Ft. Stazia - Nervous (Club Mix)
6. Nate James - Labour Of Love (Extended Mix)
7. Kristine W - Love Is The Look (Rosario K-Y Intrigue Club)
8. Amanda Wilson - Spin It Again (Masstaff Remix)
9. Funkbox - Wake Up (Original)
The Retro Track
10. JR Disco - Hidihi (Miami WMC 2009 Mix)
11. Mattara Feat. Winston - Dreams Of My Life (Andrea T Mendoza & Mattara Mix)
12. Fabio Rockenbeck - Breathe (Airplay Extended Mix)
13 Kay Stoxx Feat. Mary Geras - Ain't Nobody (Playmen's ReEdit)
DJ's Favourite This Week
14. Studiopunks Ft. Soraya Vivian - Believe (House Remix)

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:12 pm
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 84 3rd/4th Of April
Hey Weekenders,

13 is gonna be a lucky number for us this weekend - thirteen new absolute fabulous uplifting funky tracks for you in the mix, all killers no fillers... as always! ;-)

We'll start with a song I got from Florida/Virgin Islands based Beatnik Castle calling themselfs a "psychedelic-trippy-hippie high-energy pop-dance outfit". Wow... Their members, lead singer Francillia and producer, arranger and songwriter Quincy B. Scoville created a good time vocal house track (released on Tampa-based independent label Mad Monk, LTD.) called 'Will U B Mine?' with the help of Lenny B. who has done once more a fantastic job on the remix! 10/10!

This is what the digital dance music store xpressbeats.com writes about my favourite this weekend, Shena's 'Can't Stop The Rain':
"There's a new sound in town that the coolest cats are getting down to. This is not DISCO, not just any kind of disco, but Nu-Disco. This is a groovaliciously delicious chunka disco dancing delight.
Shèna's Can't Stop the Rain is heralding the return of the 70's disco sound pioneered by Chic, Rose Royce and Earth Wind & Fire, cut delectably with a razor sharp production for 2009."
Not much left to say for me - on remix duty: Colin Sales, H&H and David Bernadi, the old school sound of the 7th Heaven remix is the one I am feeling the most!

Our retro track is a re-made of the popular dancefloor killer 'We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off' from the legendary Jermaine Stewart who passed away much too soon! Guaranteed to to warm up your weekend with a smile! Miami StarFish is Billy Mead, Boston based producer & label manager & founding member of chart topper Avalon Superstar.

Last but least I am happy to present the latest release of my favourite danish duo Morjac. They already teamed up with with hot french producer Fred Falke under their name The Montanas for the smash hit 'Muisc Talking', now they are back together with the young and very talented singer from the U.K. Sarah Tyler to deliever another floorfiller, the infectious 'When We're Together'.

Happy party weekend for everyone!

The Tracklist:

1. Beatnik Castle Ft. Francillia - Will U B Mine? (Lenny B Club Mix)

DJ's Favourite This Week
2. Shena - Can't Stop The Rain (7th Heaven Club Mix)

3. Groove Invaderz Ft. Katy Allen - Lead You To Love (Jay Vegas Fadin' Piano Remix)
4. Bob Sinclar Ft. Sugarhill Gang - Lala Song (Extended Version)
5. DJ Alex Graham Ft. Amick Channa - The Wire (Discoplan Mix)
6. Oscar G. Ft. Tamara Wallace - Back To You (Sunfreakz Extended Remix)
7. Pink - Please Don't Leave Me (Digital Dog Club Mix)
8. Danny Cannizzaro - Something Must Change (Original Mix)
9. Lissat & Voltaxx - Release Yourself (Music Takes You Higher) (Skyler Club Mix)
10. Paul Cutiè & Del Gado Vs. Filippe Guerrieri Ft. Lory Maiuri - Why Don't You Look Around (Original Mix)
11. Stafford Brothers Vs. Hoxton Whores Ft. Frank Stafford - Wherever (Original Mix)

The Retro Track
12. Miami Starfish Ft. Jermaine Stewart - Clothes Off! (Original Mix)

13. Morjac & Fred Falke Ft. Sarah Tyler - When We're Together (Club Mix)

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:01 am
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 85 10th/11th Of April
Hey Party People,

Are you ready for a new (and for many of us long) party weekend? We kick it off with a couple of new tracks and remixes from some of my favourite artists like Cahill, the Bassmonkeys, Moto Blanco and Lenny B. His take of India.Arie's new single "Therapy" is my track of the week, awesome song, perfectly remixed!

Two Bassmonkeys remixes made it into this weeks show. I got a couple of requests to listen again to Keith Thompson's & Maria Ilieva's "Truly" - here you go... It is truly a biggie! Chris Brann's brainchild The Wamdue Project ("King Of My Castle") is back with their first release in a decade, the wonderful emotional "Forgiveness". Love the vocals by Jonathan Mendelsohn from Brooklyn N.Y., and thanks to the Bassmonkeys the dance remix did not destroy the emotions of the original.

We already had DJ NEO from the Czech Republic on air a couple of month ago with the uplifting "Groove With You" and Soraya Vivian on vocals, now he teamed up with dance diva Jocelyn Brown ("Somebody Else's Guy") to deliver another funky floorfiller called "Better Life" which will be heard on dancefloors around the world soon! Fresh music for you - listen to it first at the Weekend Warm Up!

Geyster, a duo from France formed by Gaël Benyamin and Pernilla Grönlund reworked a real classic from one of my all time favourites, The Alan Parsons Project. "Eye In The Sky", released in 1982, was their biggest chart success in the U.S. and peaked at #3 at the Billboard Hot 100.

Partytime! Enjoy...

The Tracklist:
1. Fragma - Memory (Cahill Club Mix)
2. Dave Kurtis - Cafe Nouveau (Extended Vocal Mix)
3. Anthoney Wright - Wud If I Cud (Cahill Club Mix)
4. Agnes - Release Me (Moto Blanco Mix)
5. DJ NEO Ft. Jocelyn Brown - Better Life (DJ NEO Essential Club Mix)
6. Phil England Pres. Sunstitute Ft. Larissa - Open Up (Retribute Club Mix)
7. Magnesia - Today (Extended Mix)
8. Wamdue Project Ft. Jonathan Mendelsohn - Forgiveness (Bassmonkeys Club Mix)
9. Keith Thompson & Maria Ilieva - Truly (Bassmonkeys Club Mix)
10. Warren Clarke & Tara McDonald - Love Crazy (Triple D Remix)

DJ's Favourite This Week
11. India. Arie - Therapy (Lenny B Club Mix)

The Retro Track
12. Geyster - Eye In The Sky (Extended Mix)

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:08 am
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 86 17th/18th Of April
Hey Weekenders,

You already listened to the "DJ's Favourite" this week because the Moto Blanco mix was part of my last show, this week we will enjoy the awesome Cahill take of Agnes' "Release Me". Agnes Carlsson is a swedish pop/dance singer and became Sweden's most popular and best-selling female singers after she won the Swedish 'Idol' competition in 2005. Track is on #3 at the Buzz Charts this week, this is was they have written: "Crossover popdance thats huge on radio and set to be the first summer big seller!" I agree!

My retro track is a rework of the Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes classic disco track "The Love I Lost". They sold more than a million copies of this song in the U.S. and peaked at number 7 at the Billboard Hot 100 in 1973.

Robert Mitchell aka Cyon Flare was in the studio collaborating with Georgie Porgie on his first dance track “Everybody Everybody”. This track is an example of the connection that Cyon Flare is most noted for, which is dancing and feeling the music in a spiritual way, he hopes to bring more light into every community that hears the song.

So it will be a bright show... Enjoy your party weekend!

The Tracklist

DJ's Favourite This Week
1. Agnes - Release Me (Cahill Club Edit)

2. WiFi - Just Be Good To Me (Original Mix)
3. Daniel Merriweather - Red (Moto Blanco Club Remix)
4. Chanel - If You Love Me (Disco Lips Mix)
5. House Bros - Let The Music (House Bros Back To Funk Mix)
6. JR Disco - Love Is The Answer
7. Cyon Flare - Everybody Everybody (G Cavelle Project Filter Flare Mix)

The Retro Track
8. Free Hands Feat. Luther B - The Love I Lost (Extended Mix)

9. Warren Clarke Pres. Jonni Black Ft. Shena - The Bitch Is Back (Soul Junkie Remix)
10. DJ Funky Rickstarr - Discochic (Disco Mix Club 12")
11. Joe T Vanelli Ft. Helen & Terry - Doctor Love (Doctor House Remix)
12. Jupiter Ace - Believe (Nu Electro Mix)
13. Steve Forest - Come 2 Me (Nicola Fasano Cote D'azur Mix)

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:05 am
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 87 24th/25th Of April
Hello again,

It is time for a new, "delicious" show and there is no better show opener than another great Bassmonkeys release! This time they teamed up with Nicole Jenkinson and the result is "Delicious", a sizzling hot and sexy vocal house track with a lot of energy. Always a great pleasure to have Bassmonkeys tracks in the show! Can you believe that this song is unsigned so far? Record companies get on it - quick!!

Whoopi Goldberg recently remarked that recording artist Ari Gold is "changing the way of pop music as much like Barack Obama is changing the face of American politics". What I can say is that his version of the Human League anthem "Human" is absolutely awesome, love Ari's vocals, his message and of course the Gomi remix.

One of the first songs in a different language than english is coming - surprise, surprise... - from a very popular German pop duo called Rosenstolz. It's already the third time they asked the Boogie Pimps to work on a remix for them! Listen and you will know why... I am not a big fan of the Rosenstolz songs but this remix is simply fantastic and is already doing the damage on dancefloors in Germany and I am sure that "Weekenders" from all over the world will shake their booties too... :-)

Have a sunny and groovie weekend!

The Tracklist:
1. Bassmonkeys Ft. Nicole J. - Delicious (Club Mix)

The Retro Track
2. Ari Gold - Human (Gomi's Human Rights Anthem)

3. AnnaGrace - Let The Feelings Go (Extended Mix)
4. Perry Twins Ft, Niki Haris - Bad, Bad Boy (Electric Allstars Remix)
5. Discobuster - Hey DJ (Vocal Mix)
6. David Guetta Ft. Kelly Rowland - Love Takes Over (Laidback Luke Remix)
7. Dumb Dan - Lights Are Low (Dumb Dan Main Mix)
8. S-Sense - Stop & Smell The Roses (Vocal Mix)
9. Sabrina Johnston - Peace (In The Valley) (Soulshaker Club Mix)

DJ's Favourite This Week
10. Rosenstolz - Blaue Flecken (Boogie Pimps Dub Mix)

11. Albin Myers - Times Like These (Whelan & Di Scala Mix)
12. Platnum - Trippin' (WAWA Remix)
13. Black Shadow - You Make Me Love You (Classic Vocal Mix)

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Staff

Post Weekend Warm Up Show 88 1st/2nd May
Hi Weekenders,

Time flies - it's party time again! We will start the show with two tracks we have already heard at the Weekend Warm Up - Miami Starfish officially released the Jermaine Stewart rework of "We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off" with some additional remixes, the Soul Seekerz take is absolutely awesome and is perfect as a show starter.

Not released but finally signed: The Bassmonkeys and Abigail Bailey's "In The Moment" - thought I give it another spin before it will be on air everywhere as this track will become a huge hit soon!

My favourite this week is a The Clubbers Recordings release. Kidro is Fausto Fanizza and Thomas Schwartz, also known as Starchaser ("A New Society"). The "magic" behind the duo is made up of the musical culture mix brought by each one with a wide variety of influences and musical taste ranging from 70's Disco and Funk, New Wave, Psychedelic Rock, House, Trance and Techno. "Fake It" is a perfect uplifting house track, very old school, vocals by the always awesome Shena!

22 year-old half-Swedish, half-West Indian, pop star Gathania has already become a household name in Sweden after becoming a finalist on Swedish Pop Idol in 2007. Her latest single on Hard 2 Beat "Blame It On You" comes with a couple of remixes, my favourite is the Bimbo Jones take.

Kaskade's new mix album titled "The Grand" (Ultra Records) contains a wonderful remix he made of "This Is How It Goes" by Haley. This track worked so well in the mix with G Cavelle's "Where Do We Go" that I "wrapped" it around Kaskade's remix and I also "mashed" the songs a bit... Hope you will like it! By the way - "Where Do We Go" samples a classic Alan Parsons Project track called "Games People Play".

Enjoy the weekend!

The Tracklist:
1. Miami Starfish Ft. Jermaine Stewart - Clothes Off! (Soul Seekerz Club Mix)
2. Bassmonkeys Ft. Abigail Bailey - In The Moment (Club Mix)
3. Stephane & 3G - We Don't Wanna Put In (7th Heaven Club Mix)
4. Signs Ft. Amanda Wilson - Make It Real (Extended Mix)
5. Antoine Clamaran - Reach For The Stars (Extended Mix)
6. Lonnie Gordon - Catch You Baby (7th Heaven Club Mix)

DJ's Favourite This Week
7. Kidro - Fake It (Original Vocal Mix)

8. Francesco Conte Feat. David Broderick - Don't You Know (Extended Mix)
9. Gathania - Blame It On You (Bimbo Jones Remix)
10/11. G Cavelle Project - Where Do We Go (G-Licious Filter Club Mix) and
Haley - This Is How It Goes (Kaskade's Grand Club Edit)

The Retro Track
12. Stefan Gruenwald Vs. Jerry Ropero Ft. Daniel Lopez -
Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime (Stefan Gruenwald Club Mix)

13. Alex Finkin & Reverend P Ft. Jocelyn Mathieu - Those Days Are Gone
(Animal House Club Mix)

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:26 pm
Staff

Post Mixgeselle - Weekend Warm Up Show 89 8th/9th May
Hello Party People,

It's time to dance again into a new weekend! Jill Jones began a singing career at age fifteen as a backup vocalist for Teena Marie, who her mother managed. As a backup singer for the Revolution, she was heralded as one of the best of the 'Prince girls'. In 2007 she had a comeback with Funky Junction ("Somebody To Jump Up"). Her new uplifting release "Living For The Weekend", perfectly produced by WAWA, is the show opener this weekend and my track of the week.

The retro track samples a classic 70's hit by KC & The Sunshine Band which was on No.1 in the U.S. Hot 100 and peaked on No.21 in the U.K. - "Get Down Tonight" is a new funky release by London's Supafly Inc..

It's time for another "2 From 1" - Happy Hour for party people! 2 different mixes from 1 great song, you decide which one is better... Following on from their debut single ‘Change World Of Colour hook up with legendary house diva Pepper MaShay on an outstanding fusion of soulful-electro-house called "Burning". Do you like Chris Tall's uplifting, funky take for the more commercial dancefloor or the pumping beats Mosco Music delivers? Let me know: mixgeselle@gmail.com. Feedback is always very welcome... ;-)

Enjoy the show, have a groovy weekend!

The Tracklist

DJ's Favourite This Week
1. Jill Jones - Living For The Weekend (Original WAWA Extended Mix)
2. Jonni Black Vs. Shena - Take Me Higher (Original Mix)
3. Juliet Roberts - Slow Down (Soulshaker Club Mix)
4. Ministry Of Funk - The DJ (Original Mix)

The Retro Track
5. Supafly Inc. - Get Down Tonight (Funky Mix)

6. Sam Project - Love Shine (Samuele Sartini Remix)
7. Freemasons Ft. Sophie Ellis Bextor - Heartbreak (Make Me A Dancer) (Club Mix)
8. Frank Savannah & Livyo Ft. Evelyn Thomas - Prove It (Laurent Schark Club Mix)
2 From 1
9. + 10. World Of Colour Ft. Pepper MaShay - Burning (Chris Tall Remix + Mosco Music Club Mix)
11. Deep Velvet Ft. Dionne Mitchell - Release Me (Lucarelli Club Mix)
12. Pink - Please Don't Leave Me (Digital Dog Club Mix)

Wed May 06, 2009 10:43 pm
Staff

Post Mixgeselle - Weekend Warm Up Show 90 15th/16th May
Decisions, decisions… So many excellent and fresh new tracks in one show, which one should become my favourite?

Maybe the new Bellatrax remix of “Break Me Down” by Harry Murfet, Nath Austin with Gemma Irwin on vocals aka The One Hunded? Available soon on Oxyd Records! Or is it my retro track this week, a remake of the 1978 Hot Chocolate hit “Everyones A Winner”?? Mood Velvet will release this one on d:vision.

Another remake, another winner: Consoul Trainin are back, after their success with the Sam Brown cover “Stop” they will release a remake of the Sinead OConnor classic “Nothing Compares To You” written by Prince. Great vocals by Joan Kolova!

At the end I picked the re-release of Ladyhawkes “Back Of The Van" to become my track of the week - the best out of several new mixes is the WAWA take. Absolutely awesome!

There are so much more great new tracks in this show - do not dare to miss listening this weekend!

The Tracklist
1. Daisy - Everytime (Buzz Junkies Club Mix)
2. The One Hundred - Break Me Down (Bellatrax Mix)
3. Lenny B - Turn Up The Radio (Sylvane Club Mix)
4. Carlos Russo - Endless Love

The Retro Track
5. Mood Velvet Ft. Janet Gray - Every 1s A Winner (Samuele Sartini Mix)
6. Eternal Sunshine - Because Of You (Moscomusics Happy Dayz Mix)
7. Consoul Trainin Ft. Joan Kolova - Nothing Compares To You (Last Minute Mix)
8. DJ Neo Ft. El-Jay - Stay (Soulgangsters Soul Dub)

DJs Favourite This Week
9. Ladyhawke - Back Of The Van (WAWA Club Mix)
10. Afroganic - Ghana Sweet (Moto Blanco Vocal Mix)
11. Jessica Jarrell - Armageddon (StoneBridge Club Mix)
12. Simone Denny & Jean Maxwell - Luv Sick (Marc Solo & David Leno Mix)
13. Steve Forest - Come 2 Me (Pain & Rossini Remix)

Wed May 13, 2009 12:50 am
Staff

Post Mixgeselle - Weekend Warm Up Show 91 22nd/23rd May
Hello again,

Plenty of nu muzik again this weekend like Marina Chello's 'Sideline', a big YouTube favourite with over 200,000 views on MySpace! Singer/songwriter Marina Chello from New York City is currently working on her debut album on Bad Boy Records and 'Sideline' is her first single release. Another quality remix by Solitaire!

The next brand new one is a collaboration between Sharon May Linn and the guys from Phunk Investigation, coming out as White Shoes Ft. Sharon May Linn - 'Show Me The Way' has everything a big summer anthem needs! Perfection...

Henry John Morgan's follow up on his huge success 'Cherokee' is called 'California' and will be released soon on MOS - listen to it first here at the Weekend Warm Up!

Track of the week has already been released on Hollister - 'Time 2 Wait' by the Steelers Ft. Naomi is coming with plenty of remixes to choose from by Bellatrax, David Roy Bland, Davide Loi, Sandro Monte and Al Brigance. It's the Original I am feeling the most. Great tune, perfect for the summer!

I will also take you under the mirrorball - the Retro Track this weekend samples one of the numerous hits the Bee Gees had. 'You Should Be Dancing' was a No.1 in the U.S. and Canada and peaked at #6 in the U.K. in 1976.

Listen, enjoy and dont forget to dance!

The Tracklist
1. Saint Ft. Stacey Barnes - After Youre Gone (Saint Club Mix)
2. Marina Chello - Sideline (Solitaire Club Mix)
3. Jay C Ft. Shena - The Music (Club Mix)
4. White Shoes Ft. Sharon May Linn - Show Me The Way (Original Club Mix)
5. Henry John Morgan - California (HJM Mix)
6. Chris Lake Ft. Nastala - If You Knew (Yves Murasca & BK Duke Balearic Mix)

DJs Favourite This Week
7. Steelers Ft. Naomi - Time 2 Wait (Original Extended Mix)

8. Tba - Keep The DJ (Extended Mix)

The Retro Track
9. The Disco - You Should Be Dancing (Ghettoboys Remix)

10. Jason Herd - Ft. Roland Clark - I Feel Good (Piano Mix)
11. DJ Salah - I Wanna Live (Laurent Schark Mix)
12. Kristine W - Love Is The Look (Love To Infinity Club Mix)
13. Kidro - Fake It (Original Vocal Mix)

Wed May 20, 2009 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next